"After the first day, I started sending practical tips back to my company for immediate implementation."
- Regulatory Specialist
"I literally left every
session with a useful take-away."
- Director, Human Subjects Protection Office
"It has the best mix (and mixing!) of sponsors, sites and CROs."
- Project Manager
"High percentage of experienced participants who know the problems and have solutions.
- Clinical Research Associate
"Within a week after the meeting, contacts I made answered two important technical IRB questions for me."
- Study Manager
"The conference paid for itself in the first budget negotiation after I got back."
- Site Manager
"MAGI is close to my heart as the most collaborative learning and networking environment in the industry."
- Director of Clinical Development
"It's very refreshing that MAGI does not accept speakers based on how much someone is willing to pay."
- VP, Business Development
MAGI's Clinical Research Conference - 2016 East
Clinical Operations & Project Management - Site Management - Regulatory Compliance - Contracts - Budgets
Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee MAGI is the only clinical research conference that offers a money-back guarantee. (terms & conditions)
Find out for yourself why 99% of participants are satisfied with MAGI conferences (100% at our last conference).
Is the MAGI conference right for you?
How Does MAGI Compare to Other Conferences?
Over 700 people (including representatives from over 100 sponsors and CROs) will attend. Register now while space is still available. See participating organizations.
The Fairmont - San Francisco, CA - November 12-15, 2017
100+ sessions and workshops in seven tracks: sponsor operations, site operations, regulatory compliance, contracts, budgets & billing, quality and special topics.
Exceptional networking with a broad (but not too broad) range of experienced clinical research professionals
22+ continuing education contact hours (CME, CNE, CLE, CCB, other)
Sign up today and save with:
Early bird discounts
Discounts for study sponsors, sites, government, international and others
All sessions and workshops included in basic "all-access pass"
Save even more with group rates!
The MAGI Study Connection
Sponsor/CRO and Site Speed Dating
Meet with 15 leading study sponsors and CROs to find the study of your dreams!
A Meeting that Matters
Obtain practical tips and professional contacts that will pay for the conference in a matter of days. Read article: "Does It Pay to Attend Clinical Research Conferences?" Adapt attendance approval request letter.
If you are a clinical research novice or veteran; with a study sponsor, research site, or CRO; in a corporate, academic or other organization; you will find a coherent and comprehensive program that focuses on your current needs for applicable information. MAGI sessions and workshops emphasize practical tips based on real-life examples, with lots of interaction. Please join us in San Francisco.
Attendees Prefer MAGI Conferences
85% find the conference offers better value than other conferences.
82% find the conference more educational than other conferences.
84% find the networking better than at other conferences.
90% find the conference more practical than other conferences.
91% find the conference friendlier than other conferences.
See all the survey results.
Networking. The conference is structured to facilitate networking and promote lasting relationships. About half of the attendees have leadership roles like CEO, vice president, or director. Over two-thirds have eight or more years of clinical research experience. Study sponsors are split about 70% biopharma and 30% medical device. Sites are almost evenly split between (a) academic medical centers, (b) health systems and community hospitals, and (c) independent sites and networks. As a result, networking is very productive. Meet people from all sides of the table in an open, friendly and energetic environment. Read an article about networking.
Speakers are generally very accessible during the conference. Help us build the clinical research community!
Attendance. Basic registration provides an "all access pass" to all meeting activities. You may attend any session in any track, workshops, and all conference networking functions -- luncheons, networking breaks, evening reception, and more! Register today!
Professional Certification. MAGI meetings are the exclusive venue for Clinical Research Contract Professional (CRCP) certification exams. Demonstrate your professional competence to your employer, colleagues, negotiating partners, and yourself.
Continuing Education. Over 22 contact hours are available for CME continuing medical education, CNE/CEU continuing nursing education, CLE continuing legal education, CCB (CHC,CCEP,CHRC,CHPC), AAPC (CPB), ACRP (CCRA,CCRC,CCTI,CPI,CP), ASQ (ASO-CQA), CCIP (CIP), IAOP (COP), IIA (CIA), ICR (CPD), MAGI (CRCP), NAIM (CIM), NALA (CLA,CP), NCCPA (CME), NGMA (CGMS), PMI (PMP,PgPM), PMI (CMOM), PRIM&R (CIP), RACC (RAC), SCR (CCPM), SoCRA (CCRP), and SQA (RQAP ).Learn more.
Personalized Schedule and Slide Book. Use our online system to create your own personalized schedule and book of conference materials, including a table of contents, customized certificate of attendance, and other useful information.
Michael Clay is COO of Synexus USA. John W. Hubbard is President & CEO of Bioclinica, Inc. Nicholas Slack is EVP and Chief Growth Officer of WIRB-Copernicus Group. James Utterback (moderator) is Managing Director, Healthcare Services & Technology, Horton International-North America.
Industry Consolidation & the Future of Clinical Research
How is consolidation changing clinical research? Will it continue? Will it accelerate? Can an organization be too big? Will there still be a place for smaller organizations?
Speakers. Our distinguished faculty will include numerous other clinical research leaders, such as the following from the last conference:
- Mitchell Appleson - Executive Director, Office of Clinical Research - University of Pennsylvania
- John Baumann - Executive Director HRPP - Indiana University
- Reg Blynn - Vice President of Client Services - Quintiles
- John Boland - Director of Project Management - Atlantic Research Group
- Linda Coleman - Director, Human Research Protection Program - Yale University
- Craig Coffman - Executive Director, Clinical Business Operations & Outsourcing – Nektar Therapeutics
- Corey Dennis - Associate Counsel & Privacy Officer - PPD
- Sonia Dobrowolska - Process & Technology Leader - AstraZeneca
- Erica Elefant - Sr. Clinical Scientist - Bristol Myers Squibb
- Erin Farris - Director of Project Management - Atlantic Research Group
- Theodore Finlan - VP - Central Planning - Worldwide Clinical Trials
- Cheryl Fittizzi - VP Research and Regulatory Affairs - Hackensack University Medical Center
- Suzanne Heske - Director, Quality Risk Management - inVentiv Health
- Chyoko Iida - Director, Legal Affairs - ACADIA Pharmaceuticals
- Julian Jenkins - VP, Innovation Performance & Technology - GSK
- Megan Kasimatis Singleton - Assist. Dean for Human Research Protection & HRPP Director - Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Earl Knight - Associate Director, Oncology - Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals
- Lisa Landsberg - Director of Clinical Research Regulatory Affairs - Temple University Lewis Katz School of Medicine
- Cathy Leahy - Associate Director, Clinical Operations - Merck
- Joanna Levin - Corporate Counsel, Global Privacy - Pfizer
- Emily Levine - Senior Attorney - HHS
- Mark Metzner - Associate Director, Recruiting & Community Affairs - Medpace
- Faye O'Brien - Associate Director, Clinical Development - AstraZeneca
- Laura Odwazny - Senior Attorney - HHS
- Raina Olexa - Director, Quality Assurance - Quintiles
- Rosanne Petros - Clinical Research Manager - Merck
- Ernest D. Prentice - Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs - University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Khaja Rehman - Sr. Manager Clinical Affairs - Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
- Catherine Renner - Director of Research - UnityPoint Health
- Susan Romberg - VP, Global Clinical Development US - Chiltern International
- Paulette Roper - Director Clinical Programs - Edwards Lifesciences
- Adam Ruskin - Director, Clinical Development - Asuragen
- Katrina Ruth - Program Director - Medtronic
- Kunal Sampat - Senior Manager, Clinical Research - Abbott
- Judy Skroback - Director of Clinical Research - SynCardia Systems, LLC
- William B. Smith - President - Volunteer Research Group & NOCCR
- Johanna Stamates - Exec. Director, Research Compliance & Quality Assurance - University of Miami
- Christina Stanger - Director, Office of Contracts & Grants Management - MedStar Health Research Institute
- Terry Stubbs - President & CEO - ActivMed Practices & Research, Inc.
- Lee Truax-Bellows - President & CEO - Norwich Clinical Research Associates (NCRA)
- Kelly Willenberg - President - Kelly Willenberg, LLC
Speaking Opportunities. Some MAGI speakers are world-renowned experts in their fields; others are just experts. What they all have in common is a passion for clinical research and the generosity to share what they know. To speak at a MAGI conference, click here. To learn more about speaking, click here.
Business Development Opportunities. If your firm provides solutions to clinical trial sponsors, sites or CROs, a conference partnership offers you the opportunity to increase your visibility and meet decision-makers in a focused audience. Thirty-nine percent of attendees say they might buy something from an exhibitor. MAGI calls sponsors and exhibitors "partners" because they contribute to the educational content of the meeting -- the focus of the exhibit hall is education, rather than commerce. If you confirm your partnership early, a speaking role may be available. Learn about exhibiting at MAGI conferences. For more information, contact Partner Relations.
About MAGI. MAGI is streamlining clinical research by standardizing best practices for clinical research operations, business and regulatory compliance. Our 10,000+ members represent clinical research sponsors, sites and CROs. "MAGI" is pronounced with "G" as in Georgia and "I" as in Ireland. (Hear it pronounced.) Norman M. Goldfarb, CRCP, founder and chairman of MAGI, is organizing and chairing this conference. Learn more. MAGI is operated by First Clinical Research LLC, a company dedicated to advancing the practice of clinical research.